Our team has an immediate 12-month contract opening for a Cooperation Manager.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in academic and entrepreneurial sectors, including university faculty and startup founders.
- Identify and prioritize potential academic partnerships within the universities and investment opportunities within the startup ecosystem.
- Manage existing partnerships, including the development and implementation of joint programs and initiatives.
- Leverage academic connections to scout top talents, including faculty, research scientists, and PhD students (e.g. Huawei Top Minds).
- Partner with universities to design and execute joint initiatives, workshops, seminars, and other collaborative events.
- Collaborate closely with internal executive teams to align partnership strategies with our business and product goals, leveraging the unique strengths of each university partner.
- Attend industry conferences (e.g. CES in US, Collision in Canada), academic conferences (e.g. CVPR, NeurIPS), and events globally to expand the network within the academic and entrepreneurship community.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or Business. An MBA with a STEM background is as asset.
- A strong passion for AI and consumer-oriented new technologies.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills, capable of building rapport and influencing key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment; ability to exercise flexibility and good judgment in complex situations.
- Fluency in English and Chinese is essential for effective communication with executive leadership teams at our headquarters in China.
- Experience in investment banking, venture capital, or strategic management consultancy is an asset.
- Comprehensive understanding of university ecosystems, entrepreneurship centers, and startup communities is an asset.
- A strong network within the academic and entrepreneurial sectors is an asset.