Our team has an immediate 12-month opening for an Senior Research.
- Design and implement effective optimization algorithms for large-scale problems, with a focus on heuristics and metaheuristics applicable to a variety of complex problems.
- Write production-level code (C++) while adhering to best practices in software development.
- Develop and rapidly prototype algorithmic performance improvements ideas using ML techniques.
- Exhibit strong communication skills to effectively present ideas and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, understanding and addressing business needs.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in Operations Research, heuristic algorithm designs, and the integration of OR and ML techniques.
- Contribute both in implementing production-level solutions and engaging in research, seamlessly switching between these roles as needed.
The target annual compensation (Based on 2080 hours per year) ranges from $78,000to $168,000 depending on education, experience and demonstrated expertise.
What you will bring to the team:
- Master’s or PhD in Operations Research, Computer Science, Operations Management, or related fields.
- Proven experience in developing heuristic and metaheuristic algorithms for problems such as vehicle routing, production planning and scheduling, and supply chain network design.
- Strong experience in C++ software development, with a commitment to producing high-quality code.
- Demonstrated ability to solve industrial-level mathematical optimization problems in sectors like manufacturing, transportation, logistics, energy, and finance.
- A strong publication record in Operations Research will be considered favorably.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques is an additional asset.