Our team has an immediate Co-op opening for a Software Engineer.
- Research and development of distributed, highly available transaction processing database management system focusing on algorithms for scale up and scale out.
- Work with a team of Architects and Engineers to develop proof-of-concept systems and components across the data manager, buffer manager and transaction processing components.
- Investigate and design new data structures and algorithms focusing on lockless and NUMA-aware approaches on the latest and state of the art hardware technology.
- Work with QA and continuous integration teams to drive a quality overall solution through a combination of automated unit tests, functional testing and system testing of the solution.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Proficient in C and C++ programming.
- Experience with design and development of a distributed database, storage system, file system or cache system is an asset.
- Experience in open source community is an asset.
- Excellent documentation, organization and communication skills.
- Self-motivated; strong desire to learn on the job.
- Must be a team player.
- In pursuit of BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications.